Springfield Xtreme Junior Hockey Club
In the spring of 2004, the Springfield Xtreme Junior Hockey Club established a scholarship fund to assist players involved in post secondary education. This type of education was to include: University; Community College or a recognized skill trade course. Since then, the fund has providing financial assistance to players eligible to receive a bursary and has distributed over $10,000.00 towards players since it’s inception.
Each year, the club will awards two (2) educational bursaries of $500.00 each. Players will be required to submit a written application in consideration of a bursary and should include the following information in their application:
(1) Educational / Training Program enrolled in during the current season.
(2) Seasons played with club
(3) Minor Hockey background
(4) Role on team – Captain/ Assistant Captain (if applicable)
(5) Past / present Minor Hockey Program involvement (coaching; refereeing; administration)
(6) Past / present community involvement
(7) Current financial assistance receiving (scholarships; bursaries; employer assistance)
Player Selection for a bursary will include discussion with the Xtreme Hockey Club Coaching Staff as well as an individual(s) from the Oakbank Credit Union and the Springfield Minor Hockey Association (SMHA). Criteria provided to the selection committee will include; the players written application and player attendance (practices; games and team functions).
Those players applying for consideration of an educational bursary should submit their written application via the form below:
Applications must be received by February 1st of the current playing season.
“…The Tradition Continues…”